Saturday 3 September 2011

About myself

Currently I view my life as quite a blessed one, I have a good (and rather hot,beautiful) wife, a good job and a cat.. no kids so far lol. I'm thankful to God for this beautiful life and making it easy for me to view life in a more positive side.

I view myself as from Kuching, Sarawak, although I grew in Miri and currently most probably I will live in Kajang for about a decade. But I believe I will retire with a nice bungalow, and probably a swimming pool with it in Serian which is near to Kuching, thus why I call myself a Kuchingian.

I'm half Bidayuh and half Iban. Although I speak Iban and basically incapable to speak Bidayuh, I view myself as Bidayuh, probably because of the reason above, and also I'm quite close with Bidayuh side of the family.

Currently I work in F-Secure, an Antivirus company as a Server Engineer. Been working here for 3 years if including when I'm still working for Technical Support. It's quite a great place to work and the best workplace I have so far. The managers are attentive to your needs beside being supportive, and I believe the upper management do too. We also have a bunch of crazy colleagues too that make work not too boring.

My philosophy on life is everything need moderation, be moderate on what you eat, be moderate on your views, be moderate in your spending, but at the same time know how to enjoy the fruit of your labour, be adaptable.

I also believe to be happy in life you must have goals and plans. This is what keep you going and motivated. For myself my long term goal is to retire by 55, while not worrying about financial. Career goal is +exp and +skill for Linux server administration and probably a niche IT skill which I haven't discover yet. I would also love to add Mandarin as my spoken language and hopefully be able to make use of my electric guitar. Short term goals and project for now is to reduce my weight to 65kg to attain a healthy BMI of 22. And yeah I'm going to talk more about that later.



No comments:

Post a Comment